Monday, April 23, 2007

2nd altered notebook

I didn't do much crafting this weekend. I just wasn't all that inspired. I had plenty of time, but no motivation. Except for this little notebook which didn't take too long at all. I don't have a recipient in mind for it, so I think I'll stash it for a possible "prize" at my best friend's baby shower in a few months.

notebook2

This notebook, which I found with the pen included in Michael's $1 bins, was so easy to cover. (I should go back and get more!) I cut a piece of patterned paper to the same height as the book, but left it overlong at first. I measured where each of the folds were and scored them. I measured where the slits should be for the pen holder part and cut those with an exacto between the 2 scored lines. Then I attached the paper, starting with the back, and folded it around to the front, gluing each side in progression. When I reached the front, I glued it down too and then trimmed the excess off the cover with an exacto knife.

The doodle flower is stamped with Versafine Onyx on white cardstock, colored with my Tombow markers and a waterbrush, and cut out. (I scribble my markers onto a piece of transparency and use the waterbrush to pick up the color. I like the softer watercolor effect instead of straight coloring with the markers.) Once I put the cutout against the background, I didn't think the color popped enough, so I traced around the black lines with the corresponding marker's fine tip.

The "One of a Kind" label is stamped in SU! Certainly Celery and punched out with the Designer Label punch. Everything is adhered flat without dimension in case it gets frequent use or tossed in someone's bag.

Stamps: Doodle Leaf Flower, Hero Arts; Designer Label, SU!
Paper: Scribbles, Autumn Leaves (Target)
Ink: Versafine Onyx, SU! Certainly Celery
Accessories: Tombow markers + waterbrush; Designer Label punch, SU!

No comments: