To acknowledge the e-greeting and tell her how much I loved it, I made a little thank you card for my old boss. I've had the idea for this card for a while now and had the pieces on my desk already. I really like how it turned out, though I don't think some of the best details are visible in the scan. The flowers are coated with crystal glitter and the vase has been covered with Aleene's Paper Glaze to give it a glass effect.

Stamps: Vase & Blossoms, Great Impressions Rubber Stamps; Riveting, SU!
Paper: Box of Cards premade patterned card base and Brights stack, DCWV
Ink: Staz-On Jet Black; SU! Certainly Celery & Apricot Appeal (for watercoloring flowers)
Accessories: Tombow markers + waterbrush; 1/2 inch circle punch, Marvy; 1-3/8 inch and 1-1/4 inch circle punch, ticket corner punch, SU!; crystal glitter, Joann Essentials; white organdy ribbon; Aleene's Paper Glaze
Though I didn't scan it, I also stamped and watercolored a little piece of the matching large background on the front of the envelope. I masked off the parts I didn't want on the stamp with tape, inked up the stamp, pulled the tape off, and stamped the little part in the corner. I want to try to incorporate something on the envelopes from now on. It just adds a special little touch, I think. (You can see the background stamp here.)

No comments:
Post a Comment