Saturday, May 19, 2007

mr. & mrs.

One of my coworkers is getting married tonight. I really love the little bride and groom from A Muse, but the only local vendor of A Muse is over an hour away from me. I just didn't have time to drive out there to see if they had it or order it online and get it in time. So I substituted the "mr. & mrs." as my main image, which I typeset in Adobe Illustrator and punched out using a 1-3/8" circle punch. I used Papertreyink's Faux Ribbon set for the "best wishes" sentiment. After I assembled it, I realized I'd rhymed my text. [smack forehead] Oh well. I used the Textile Cuttlebug embossing folder for the top two-thirds of the front/card base. The dots on the ribbon were originally blue, but out came my trusty Signio white gel pen and I fixed that. The scalloped circle was cut on my Cricut using the Mini Monograms cartridge, 2 inches real dial size. To give a little contrast on the scallops and make them pop from the background, I inked the edges with VersaMagic cloud white and then carried the dots theme through in the center of the scallops with my white gel pen.

Because it was going to be hand delivered, I wanted to dress the envelope up a little. I used the large swirl from SU!'s Doodle This in opposing corners and wrote the recipients' names in the middle.

d&pwedding.jpg

Stamps: Faux Ribbon, Papertreyink; Doodle This, SU! (envelope only)
Paper: Mellow Moss CS, SU!; white
Ink: VersaMagic cloud white; StazOn jet black; Mellow Moss, SU!
Accessories: Cricut & Mini Monograms cartridge; Ribbon, All My Memories, Genteel; MM paper piercer; Cuttlebug & textile A2 folder; 1-3/8" circle punch, SU!

1 comment:

Sherry Cheever said...

Love the simplicity of this card! Fabulous!!!!!!