Sunday, May 13, 2007

happy mother's day

Months ago, I saw some Wild Asparagus designer paper at one of my LSS and I just knew I was going to use it for my mom's mother's day card. I didn't have a layout idea back then, but the paper was perfect.

momsday

I was inspired by Michelle Wooderson's tent topper cards for the layout. While I don't have any of the scallop punches, I have the Cricut and the Mini Monograms cartridge, so I'm able to do scallop circles and squares. They seem to be all the rage right now. I used my new Papertreyink set Green Thumb for the flowers. The ribbon and "mom" stamps are actually from Martha Stewart's new line available at Michaels. I'm not crazy about Martha, but when I find the perfect item for a project I'm working on, I don't care so much who makes it. I'd also been looking for a small alphabet set in clear, so I tried that too.

Stamps: Green Thumb, Papertreyink; Sans font, clear set, Martha Stewart
Paper: DCWV Neutrals stack; Home Sweet Home Floral, My Mind's Eye Wild Asparagus
Ink: VersaMagic red brick and spanish olive
Accessories: Large and small oval punches, SU!; Mini scalloped decorative scissors; Brick piped nylon ribbon, Martha Stewart; paper piercer, Making Memories; Cricut & Mini Monograms cartridge; bling crystals, Joann's $1 bins

No comments: