Durnit! Leave it to me to forget to photograph my Easter cards before handing them out. Yes, I finished them up on Sunday morning, so I personally hand-delivered them. I'm a procrastinator, this I know. And of course, the design used stamps and a giga punch I don't own (yet), as I stamped them when hanging out with my SU! demo a couple of weekends ago. I think I have enough pieces to put one more together, though, just so I can get a photo. I really like how they came out, so I'd like to record them. (Asking mom if I can borrow the card back just to photograph is kinda tacky, though she probably would say yes.)
In other news, I did some mondo shopping this weekend and again today. I spent all day Saturday hanging with my best friend. We headed across the state to Mouse-town, with a stop at Violette's, a stamp/scrapbook store I discovered during the treasure hunt back in February. We were in the store for a couple of hours; I bought a bunch of stamps and my best friend got some baby scrapping stuff. I was even able to use my treasure hunt "come back" coupon, even though it had expired, because the owner was the one to ring us up. She was so funny... saying she would have given me the discount just for mentioning the treasure hunt because she could because she was the owner. I really wish this store was closer; it is really great.
After Violette's, we headed to Downtown Disney so I could buy her husband his birthday gift. I found some sugar free appletini mix at TJMaxx and wanted to pair it with some Mickey-head etched martini glasses which he'd admired in the past. I also bought some stuff for their unborn baby - Madelyn - including a Nightmare Before Christmas onesie and some pastel Mickey-head lights for her bedroom. Hee, I'm going to spoil her rotten and be a great "aunt."
Much to my amazement, I found some Autumn Leaves/Rhonna Farrer acrylic stamps at Wal-mart Sunday night. I got the Swirls set, one I've been looking for for a few weeks now (and for under $10 a set!!), along with a set of flowers and baby images. My big find today was at Joann's. They had sets of Tombow markers in the art department on clearance - $9.97 down from $29.99 originally. I snatched up all 3 sets they had. Each set also came with a blender pen. Since my Artwin markers and Dove blender have been MIA since we moved, I needed some new ones. I can't afford the SU! ones right now which match all their other colored products, so these will have to do. The Tombow ones are supposed to be some of the best for "watercoloring" and blending. So I've been spending a lot again, but on some really difficult-to-pass-up deals.
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment