Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Happy Birthday, J!

Every year I seem to miss my oldest brother's wife's birthday. I remembered it this year because I had it on the list, but I didn't get the card done earlier enough, so I sent this card a day late. Ah, well. Better late than never, right?

This card is pretty straight forward. I stamped the Doodle This flower onto white with Timber Brown StazOn and colored them in with my aquapainter and Tombow markers. Then I cut them both out and glued them together in the center. I cut the small piece of dark pink cardstock out and used my medium corner rounder without the guard to make the scallops on one end. I curled the blue petals under and the pink ones up and mounted it on the pink with pop dots for dimension.

I used a punch out from the SU! large oval punch as a guide to cut out my small scalloped oval in white. I stamped the sentiment from the Faux Ribbon Papertrey Ink set in coral.

jbirthday

Stamps: Doodle This, SU!; Faux Ribbon, Papertrey Ink
Paper: Preprinted base card, DCWV; Neutrals textured card stack, DCWV; Georgia Pacific white
Ink: StazOn Timber Brown; Cameo Coral, SU!
Accessories: Scalloped scissors; aquapainter & Tombow markers; medium corner rounder (for scallops); Aqua organdy ribbon, Joann

No comments: