Monday, April 16, 2007

2 "geek" birthday cards

During the scrapbook treasure hunt, I bought a lot of paper. One of the sheets I bought reminded me of a circuit board. I picked it up because it was very masculine and I have a lot of geeks in my life. That paper was perfect for 2 birthday cards I needed to make this weekend.

Here's the first, for my best friend's husband who loves to "tinker" with computers. The card accompanied a gift of Mickey-head martini glasses and sugar-free martini mixes. I used Aleene's Paper Glaze to add an shiny glass-feeling to the top and bottom of the martini glass. It took some trial and error to get it to look right, but I like how it came out. (The paper glaze made my original watercoloring run, so I ended up doing the glaze on an uncolored image and then coloring on top of the glaze.) The sentiment was printed out on the computer.
mbirthday_martini

Stamps: Martini, Sarah Beise, Michael's $1 stamp
Paper: Imaginisce: Trade Winds (So Sheik), Bazzill, unknown (mossy green)
Ink: Staz-On
Accessories: Tombow markers; Vintage gold square brads, Making Memories; Aleene's Paper Glaze


The second card was for the host/honoree of a birthday bash we attended on Saturday. I don't know him very well, but I know he does computer stuff for a living, some sort of programmer.

dbirthday_glitter

Stamps: Cake, Katie & Co., Michael's $1 stamp; Riveting, SU!
Paper: Imaginisce: Trade Winds (So Sheik), Bazzill, unknown (mossy green)
Ink: VersaMark
Accessories: Gold glitter embossing powder; 1-1/4 and 1-3/8 circle punches; word window punch, SU!; gold brads, Joann Essentials

No comments: