Saturday, March 17, 2007

A few RAKs

A few weeks ago on the Cricut message boards, a woman posted a request for 6x6 layouts. She is putting together scrapbooks with completed layouts (minus photos) for a 25-year-old woman with 3 kids... and breast cancer. Yikes!

So, most of the stores I visited a few weeks ago for the Scrapbook Treasure Hunt did 6x6 layouts as a make-and-take or take-and-make, some single pages and some spreads. Amazingly, they weren't all pirate-themed. Since I don't take photos, and therefore don't scrapbook, I offered to send her my completed layouts. I spent last weekend finishing up some of the layouts that were the take-and-makes. I packaged them up with lots of protection for the embellishments and was all ready to take them to the post office yesterday. But then I had the brilliant idea to include a card for the woman who is putting the books together. And since I was making cards anyway, I decided to make a little hello and get well for the woman who has cancer.

So this morning I made 2 cards similar to one I'd made last weekend (a girl at work bought the original from me). I changed out a couple of things on the ones I made this morning, using vanilla cardstock to stamp the birdie instead of white and using inks with my waterbrush instead of chalks to color. I like the ones I made today better, but I didn't take pictures before I sent them off.

Here's the original:

birdie

Stamps: Autumn Leaves Rhonna Farrer Bird, Foliage
Paper: DCWV Old World Stack, Neutrals Stack
Ink: StazOn Jet Black; SU! Mellow Moss
Accessories: Cricut Mini Monograms (scalloped circle, 3", real dial size); All My Memories Couture Ribbon - Genteel
Techniques: Chalks (or watercolor), paper piercing

(Cards sent out today were colored with SU! Brocade Blue and So Saffron. Also, I added Sakura Stardust gelly roll pen to the tail feathers.)

I still have at least one more card to make this weekend... a birthday card for a friend/neighbor. Her birthday was this past Wednesday, but she's been out of town this week, so I've been procrastinating. I'm having trouble deciding on a layout/design. I just know I'm using butterflies and I want an asian feel. Should be easy, right?

So now that I'm full of corned beef and cabbage, it's back to playing with stamps. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: