Wednesday, February 7, 2007

catching up & Stampin' Up!

I haven't been keeping up with posting as well as I thought I would. I've made a few cards here and there, but just don't ever get around to uploading them. Well, they might make it to my flickr account, but it's the posting the details here that I'm slow on.

I love, love, love the valentine I made this past weekend. I still have to take a photo of it before I can upload or post it. It is sort of 3-d, so I don't want to scan it because I'll lose the effect. But since I'm photo-phobic, I'm not sure when I'll get to taking its picture. Maybe this weekend, especially if I want to get it in the mail.

Well, I finally got the nerve up to look for a Stampin' Up! demonstrator in my area. You have to fill out information at the SU! website and then they give you a list of demos in your area. I got a list of 5. The top person on the list, Amanda, had a website with SU! When I checked it out, she had activities and classes on her calendar, and she held some of them at her "stamp pad." There was another listing with a website, but no activities on that person's calendar. So I stepped out of my shell for a bit and emailed Amanda. She responded right away! After a few back and forth emails, we decided to meet up the next day. After 3 hours of hanging at her house and chatting, while she showed me tons of samples from SU!, I think I'm hooked and I have a new stamping friend. The best part? She lives only 5 minutes from my house! I placed my first order with her that night and now I can't wait to get it. I've also been perusing the catalog and have marked a ton of other stuff that I want. It's a bit expensive, though, so I'm trying to set up a workshop with some friends and family with the hope of earning free stuff. Should be fun if I can get it together.

No comments: