Friday, January 5, 2007

idea overload

I'm on idea overload. I've been looking at books, magazines, galleries online, message boards... There are so many great ideas! There's so much I want to make, techniques I want to try. I'm having a hard time focusing. Two nights in a row, I've had trouble falling asleep because I kept thinking about the wedding card I want to make this weekend. I still haven't figured out exactly what I'm going to do. I have at least one other card I need to make this weekend as well, an anniversary card for a & m. Well, I might have a little extra time for that one since the date is the 12th.

I need to stop looking at samples and focus on what I already bought! I keep seeing new embellishments that I think I have to go get to have on hand just in case. I've spent a lot of money on supplies since christmas. Of course, it's like I'm starting from scratch here. I have some stuff from my rubber stamping days, but that was so long ago. Embellishments and techniques have come so far with the explosion of scrapbooking. But that's bonus for card makers like me, since most of the ideas and stuff can be used for cards too.

But all these great ideas are good too. My man is going to be very busy with school for the next few months... er, years. The more things I want to do, the longer before my "obsession" burns out, if it ever does.

No comments: